Thursday, February 23, 2012

Red Beanbag @ Publika

Red Beanbag's menu dazzled with hearty Australian dishes that are fairly priced. The interior was modeled after Australian-inspired cafes, with rustic tables and concrete counters filling up the empty space. 
Cute beanbags hanging above the kitchen window.
Leave it to the passionate baristas to provoke your taste buds.
Beautiful coffee art.
Eggs Atlantic (RM17.90) - Poached eggs with hollandaise, asparagus, mushrooms and smoked salmon. The eggs were cooked perfectly with hearty vegetables and fresh smoked salmon. The only disappointment was the bread - a toasted bread would make a good finishing. 
Long Black - Very drinkable coffee with a soft body and decent aroma.
Eggs Benedict (RM15.90) - Poached eggs with hollandaise, asparagus, mushrooms and streaky beef bacons. A simple hearty meal to kick start our day.

 A meal at Red Beanbag feels like a blissful Melbourne vacation. We are fortunate to have new cafe like this popping out around Dutamas area.

Verdict : SOMEWHAT SMITTEN

26 comments:

  1. I was planned to visit Publica last weekend..
    but unfortunately cannot make it.... :(
    I always impress on the art coffee..
    Leaves is very simple.. last time I saw before a rose....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rose?? I nv come across a rose before... lucky you.

      Delete
  2. After looking at the egg dishes I am now tempted to try this eatery now that its at our place. The deco is also very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Yes - very warm environment. You can actually vegetate there the entire day.

      Delete
  4. the french toast seems to be everyone's unanimous favorite here! maybe that's the one you can order here next round :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for suggestion. Will def. check it out..

      Delete
  5. Eggs Atlantic looks really appetizing especially with the sauce!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The eggs and sauce were perfect combination =)

      Delete
  6. Pretty decor and ambience...and the food looks soooo yummy! I could eat those breakfasts everyday and the price looks quite decent :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I came back during the holidays, I spotted this place! But I was reluctant to try it because I didn't want to 'waste a meal' on something I could get throughout the year, here!! ;P But it looks good though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally understand. Melbourne has better breakfast place than this! I have been thinking about the corn fritters from TRAM recently...

      Delete
  8. When I came back during the holidays, I spotted this place! But I was reluctant to try it because I didn't want to 'waste a meal' on something I could get throughout the year, here!! ;P But it looks good though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. the pouched egg looks good :) the interior is relaxing for a lazy day as well

    Latest: Lovely Taste at 6

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum to everything. I haven't had breakfast yet and those eggs look divine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you can make a great breakfast at your kitchen. =)

      Delete
  11. Hmmmm I would only have Eggs Benedict as that's the only dish looking appealing to me ;)

    Do you go to a restaurant everyday just like Sean? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eggs benedicts are awesome... =D
      I don't dine out everyday. I usually go back home after work - too tired. I only feast during the weekend =)

      Delete
  12. Oh wow. Now I'm dying for eggs benedict ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Eggs Benedict looks so appetizing! Heard really great reviews about this place.. Must make it a point to visit soon :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this place is not bad but i prefer antipodean =)

      Delete
  14. I told myself that I would head in there after my Garfield shoot but I forgot. Now I am kicking myself for being so forgetful. Dang...must remember to check this out real soon!

    ReplyDelete